Exchange and Refund Policy
Your Consumer Law Rights
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done, you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods.
In addition to the rights conferred by the Australian Consumer Law, Bevilles also offers refunds set out in this Refund Policy.
90 Day Change of Mind Refund Policy
We understand that buying jewellery online is convenient, but sometimes items just don’t fit or suit you! For change of mind purchases, you have 90 days to obtain an exchange or credit note. You also have 14 days if you wish to refund your purchase.
Please choose carefully when selecting earrings or nose ring/stud products. For health and hygiene reasons we do not accept exchanges or refunds on these products unless they are faulty or otherwise do not meet the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
The important thing to remember is that we want the beautiful jewellery you purchase from Bevilles to be perfect for you. Under Bevilles Refund and Exchange Policy, Bevilles will refund or exchange at any time where goods are:
- Deemed to be faulty (ie- have a manufacturing fault or defect).
- Are not ‘fit for the purpose’ that was made known to staff at the point of sale
- Different to the sample provided, except where natural differences occur within the specific quality bracket.
- Have obvious defects that were not apparent or brought to the consumer’s attention at the point of sale.
- In conflict with any other rights provided for by the Australian Competition and Consumer Act and the Australian Consumer Law.
- Product must be returned unworn and in a new and resalable condition
- Proof of purchase to be provided & returned in its original packaging (where possible)
- Exchange may be by way of a product exchange or in store credit
- Watches must have the original watch box, warranty and links that have been removed by a Bevilles team member.
The 90 Day Change of Mind Refund Policy excludes:
- personalised, made to order items, Stackers jewellery boxes, engraved and any altered goods including resized pieces.
However, if there is a failure in relation to the products listed above, you may have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Change of mind exchange or refunds are not eligible on any nose stud, belly bar products or if the damage is due to: misuse; tampering; modifications not undertaken by us; alterations not undertaken by us; repairs not undertaken by us; or a failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Refunds will be returned in same method of payment, this includes gift vouchers, and credit notes.
Unless faulty, resized, altered or modified Bevilles jewellery cannot be returned or repaired by Bevilles.
Stackers Jewellery Boxes
If in the unfortunate case you are not 100% happy with your jewellery box purchase, you can feel confident knowing that Marketmakers (the manufacturer of Stackers jewellery boxes) will offer a replacement or refund within 30 days of your purchase. Returns cannot be processed instore. For more information, please contact us.
At Bevilles, our number one priority is to have our customers feeling fabulous every time they shop with us. We appreciate just how important peace of mind is when making a special jewellery purchase. This is why we offer certain warranties in addition to the rights conferred by the Australian Consumer Law. Bevilles offers a free 365 Day Jewellery Warranty and various warranties depending on the brand of the watch sold. The business providing these limited warranties is Fine Jewellery Retail AU Pty Ltd (t/a Bevilles Jewellers), which can be contacted at:
- Postal address: Level 2, 111 Coventry Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205
- Telephone: 1300 797 949
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a claim under Bevilles' 365 Day Jewellery Warranty, simply bring the item purchased and proof of purchase into any of our stores within 12 months from the date of purchase. Where the jewellery requires repair or replacement because it is of unacceptable quality or because of major failure then:
- if the cost of returning the jewellery to a Bevilles store is significant because of the nature of the failure or because of the size or weight of the jewellery, we will collect the jewellery from you within a reasonable time; and
- if the cost of returning the jewellery to our store is not significant, you are responsible for this cost. You are however entitled to compensation for reasonably foreseeable costs incurred because of the defect, including the cost of returning the jewellery to us for repair, replacement or return.
This 365 Day Jewellery Warranty does not cover loss, damage, breakage, changes in appearance or degradation due to excessive wear or mishaps.
Watch warranties are brand specific and are provided at the time of purchase. To make a claim under this warranty, simply bring the item purchased and the proof of purchase into any of our stores within the relevant period of the warranty from the date of purchase. Where the watch requires repair or replacement because it is of unacceptable quality or because of major failure then:
- if the cost of returning the watch to a Bevilles store is significant because of the nature of the failure or because of the size or weight of the watch, we will collect the jewellery from you within a reasonable time; and
- if the cost of returning the jewellery to our store is not significant, you are responsible for this cost. You are however entitled to compensation for reasonably foreseeable costs incurred because of the defect, including the cost of returning the watch to us for repair, replacement or return.
As outlined above in the Australian Consumer Law section, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
How do I return/exchange a jewellery item?
You may take your jewellery item into any of our Bevilles Stores for exchange. Please ensure you take with you your original proof of purchase or your Eternity Club card. Please note online order paid via paypal cannot be exchanged instore. Please contact the online store team for exchange.
Return to Online Store
Please send an email to email@example.com and request a return label. We will email you an Australia Post return label. Instructions will be provided with the label. Please ensure that you include your original invoice/receipt and a short note stating the details of the item you would like to exchange. Please include product numbers. Please note that postage charges are non refundable.
Return your item along with contact details and docket information to:
Level 2, 111 Coventry Street
VIC 3205 Australia
PLEASE NOTE: Your refund/exchange will not be actioned until we receive your item back at our Head Office (address above).
Once we have received your item we will process the exchange within 3 business days. Please allow 10 working days for your exchange to be processed.
What if my product is faulty?
We take great pride in our goods and packaging so we certainly hope that you never receive a faulty product from us. If, on the rare occasion, this does occur please contact customer service within a reasonable time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We will email you an Australia Post return label. Instructions will be provided with the label.