9 Different Engagement Ring Cuts
There’s a lot of pressure to find ‘The One.’ With so many choices out there, it can be daunting wondering which one is going to be right for you, and how they’ll fit into your lifestyle. You’ll no doubt want your family and friends to approve as well, and naturally you want it to look good on all your social media channels. Finally, you’ll be together for life – so, understandably there’s a lot to consider. You can’t just jump into a decision like this without any forethought.
Of course, we’re referring to your engagement ring. Unlike a little black dress you can wiggle in and out of when you please or a bag you can throw over your shoulder with ease, this ring will sit on your finger on the daily. Ideally, it would be the personification of your own personal taste.
If you’re at that stage of wondering about all the types of engagement ring cuts that exist and which ones will look best on your finger, then it’s safe to assume that a proposal isn’t too far away. So why not help out your partner and drop subtle hints on your preferred cut?
Our guide to the 9 most popular engagement ring cuts will help you decide which one is best suited to you.
Your engagement ring cut says a lot about you
More and more couples are engagement ring shopping together. But if you’re a traditionalist, you might prefer your partner to propose to you with a ring that not only fits perfectly but is exactly what you want.
Help them out by seeing which cut description below speaks to your heart:
- Round brilliant cut: The most popular and classic engagement ring style, the round diamond cut is for the romantics. You’re the type of woman who has a closet full of modern staples and investment pieces. Boasting a standard 58 facets, this cut produces the maximum reflection of light. Our Facets of Love Round Solitaire Ring could be just for you.
- Emerald cut: If you’re looking for an elongated cut that shows off diamonds with a high grade of clarity, then an emerald cut is for you. Glamorous and elegant without being OTT, this is one for those who have an appreciation for the finer details. Shaped like a rectangle, the corners are usually truncated. Love by Michelle Beville Emerald Double Halo Solitaire Ring is sure to impress.
- Oval cut: With its ability to flatter any finger, an oval is elongated and can even make a smaller diamond appear larger. An oval ring like our Facets of Love Oval Solitaire Ring is perfect for the hopeless romantic who wants to feel like royalty on her wedding day.
- Baguette cut: A minimalist who likes subtle sparkle, a Brilliant Baguette Ring could be perfect for you. With all the nuances of a family heirloom, it’s similar to an emerald cut but features step cuts instead.
- Pear cut: A mix between a marquise and an oval cut, a pear shaped diamond is gaining in popularity. Characterised by a delicate teardrop, a pear ring typically comes with a halo to maximise the diamond effect. View our Pear Halo Solitaire Ring here.
- Marquise cut: If you’ve got your eye on a marquise cut, chances are you’re unconventional. Shaped like an ellipse, the two ends are pointed and sharp, and the stone is usually longer than it is wider. Prefer an alternative to a diamond? Consider the Marquise Shape Created Opal Ring in 9ct yellow gold.
- Heart cut: Are you a romantic at heart? Don’t look past a heart cut engagement ring. Need we say more?
- Trillion cut: Crave excitement and like to stand out? Then you’ll turn heads with a trillion cut diamond engagement ring on your finger. A pretty triangle-shaped stone, this style deviates from the classic round standard.
- Cushion cut: Old-world elegance meets a flair for the glamorous in the cushion cut. If you’re a traditionalist but don’t want round, a cushion cut like our Love by Michelle Beville Double Halo Ring is sure to delight.
Discover your dream ring with Bevilles
At Bevilles, we offer a collection of diamond engagement rings that are sure to suit every taste and preference. From stunning emerald cut to teardrop, baguette or even the classic brilliant round, you are sure to find The One when you browse through our comprehensive range.
Choose from a vast selection of styles and intricate designs, and in an assembly of metals and settings. As for clarity, colour and carats? We’ve got them in a range to match your means.
Why not come into one of our stores across Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales and view our gorgeous collection up close and personal? Our customer service assistants will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our engagement ring designs.